Sunday, July 18, 2010

New fall prevention risk assessment testing site!

I just confirmed another testing site for my fall prevention exercise research study; Parkside Community Church in the Pocket area!
On Thursday, July 29 from 11am-3pm, I will be conducting the Fullerton Advanced Balance (FAB)scale to assess fall risk among participants. In this 10-item screening test, I will assess the body systems involved in balance and mobility. As a certified FallProof™ instructor, I am qualified to implement this research-based fall risk screening test.
Participants receive one-on-one instruction during the test to ensure personal safety. An individualized score card is sent to participants providing feedback on performance and overall fall risk. These test items were developed by Dr.Debra Rose, co-director of the Fall Prevention Center of Excellence and director of the Center of Successful Aging and can be a real eye opener to those who do not consider themselves at risk for falling.

Although it is my hope to identify candidates for my Fall Prevention Exercise research study, I will assess anyone who is interested in doing this test. I invite you to come out and get assessed!

THURSDAY JULY 29, 2010
11AM-3PM
PARKSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH
5700 South Land Park Drive
Sacramento, CA 95822-3309

No comments: