Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Consistently plugging along....

I haven't written in a few weeks because I've been practicing more than fall prevention balance activities. I am now balancing full-time classes in Graduate school, teaching fall prevention exercise routines for the 50+ Wellness program, providing personal fitness training sessions at Intel and privately, and continuing to market my senior exercise video series, Take 5 to Exercise.
All that and staying consistent to my own workouts. Wow, it's a lot on my plate but not more than I can handle.
Life is about balance: knowing your limitations, being aware of your priorities and safely pushing yourself out of your comfort zone in order to improve. The body adapts to new physical challenges and as a person's environment changes, his or her life adapts to new routine in order to survive. A phenomena known as survival of the fittest.
Older generations know all about survival of the fittest because of the social, personal, and financial circustances that they had to endure.  It's a characteristic known as resilience.  The oldest of the old demonstrate those behaviors but mostly, the mindset.  Perhaps we could learn a few lessons from our elders during this difficult time.
In return, give the gift of health.  Take 5 to Exercise with them.
Blessings,
The Fall Prevention Lady

No comments: