Sunday, December 16, 2012

Palos Verdes Seniors and balance training

I recently moved to southern California and am reaching out to the local community to spread the word about fall prevention and evidence-based balance training.  As the Fall Prevention Lady, I love educating older adults about the balance systems, increasing awareness of how aging affects stability and demonstrating effective exercises that will keep a person independent.

On Wednesday, I spoke to over 30 older adults at the Hesse Park Community Center in Rancho Palos Verdes.  The group LOVED my presentation and it was awesome to find a group for whom my program is designed for; independent older adults who still live independently but may be at risk of a fall or are not as stable as they once were. 

One of the main questions was "where can we take your class?"  That is where I need your help.  I am new to the area and need to find a place to hold my 4-week balance training sessions.  The PV Senior Center is moving at the end of the month and I have been invited to teach my classes at their new location so that is exciting.   I just don't know where or when that will begin.

However, in the meantime, I would love to find a church or other facility that will be willing to host these classes.   Please contact me if you know a place in the Southbay/Rancho Palos Verdes/Lomita/Torrance/Palos Verdes/Rolling Hills/Long Beach/Redondo Beach area.

Kelly Ward, aka The Fall Prevention Lady
(916) 821-5715
info@thefallpreventionlady.com

No comments: