Monday, January 14, 2013

The REAL Balance Manual

Plagiarism.   1. the verbatim copying or imitation of the language, ideas, or thoughts of another author and representing them as one’s own original work.
Noun1.plagiarism - a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work.

I am the Fall Prevention Lady and my work and creativity from my book, The Complete Guide to Fall Prevention™,  has been plagiarized by Mike Ross, author of The Balance Manual.   He is using my hard work and creativity for his own marketing and sales.  He has added aspects from my book such as how to get up from a fall and upper body strengthening exercises among other things. 

This is absolute crap.   I am not the best at online marketing so I have to sit here and witness this total lack of integrity because the legal repercussions of online plagiarism are not in favor of the original author (ME).  

It's funny but years ago when I was developing my Take 5 to Exercise fall prevention DVD series, I went to an online marketing seminar.   Mike Ross was there.  The leader of the seminar acknowledged the fact that online plagiarism is rampant and there is nothing a person can do about it.    In fact, he encouraged the use of other people's marketing tactics even to the point that angry responses (such as this blog) can be used to boost sales.    Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

What can I do about online plagiarism?  Nothing because the repercussions are minimal.  It's ok, my God is a God of justice and there will be consequences for this lack of integrity.  The money may be good now but there will be cost for using my creativity and hard work.

So here's the bottom line, The Fall Prevention Lady is a balance and mobility expert who wrote a book, The Complete Guide to Fall Prevention, based on years of experience and research.   I am not an online marketer.  I do not plagiarize people's work. 

If you want to reduce the risk of a fall while improving your balance, order my book.
 CLICK HERE

Plagiarized,
The Fall Prevention Lady

No comments: