Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daughter of 87 year old woman with dementia demands in-home balance training

I recently moved to Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA and have been busy trying to find places to offer my fall prevention 101 workshops and balance and mobility training classes.  As I continue to network and seek a hosting agency, I am offering IN-HOME balance and fitness training.  I currently have three clients and everyone is making amazing progress.

Two weeks ago, I started working with an 87 year-old woman after I met her daughter at a workshop.  Her mother has dementia and doesn't like to leave the house.  She lives alone and has fallen several times.  Even though her daughter visits frequently, she is concerned about her mom and asked me to assess her. 

I have been working with her mom twice a week and she is doing amazing!  I did a pre- and post-assessment and she has improved her lower body flexibility by 3.5 inches!  She can now touch her toes!  This improvement can make it easier to put on her compression stockings, tie her shoes not to mention prevent a fall.

I attribute her amazing results to consistent practice.  She does the balance and stretching exercises everyday with her caregiver whom I taught how to do the balance, strengthening and stretching homework exercises and record them. 

87 years old and increased her lower body flexibility by nearly four inches in two weeks.  AMAZING.  It's never too late to improve your balance and prevent a fall.

Keep your parents or loved ones safe in their home.  Call me for in-home balance training.
(916) 821-5715.  Email me:  info@thefallpreventionlady.com

The Fall Prevention Lady

No comments: