Saturday, January 13, 2018

2018 Brains and Balance Z-Training has begun

Two things people don't want to lose as they get older; their brains and their balance.  Thanks to medical technology, we're living longer but many people would rather have quality years not quantity.  Also thanks to medical technology, we now know more about the brain and that with proper training, we can change neural structures to make movement more efficient and pain-free.

Today I started my second "Brains and Balance Z-Training" session at an independent living community; The Clubhouse at Del Webb.  Nineteen eager adults between the ages of 69 and 84 signed up for five weeks of intensive balance and brain training.  I'm as excited as they are because I love seeing the progress and hearing improvements.

This session is going to be better than the last session only because I've gotten better.  I listen to feedback and learn from it.  Not to overwhelm and to make homework drills as clear to follow as possible.  I listened.

Precise training gets precise results.  Training the inputs to the brain improves your motor output.  Change the way you move.  Train the inputs.  Movement is life.  Get moving.

Brains and Balance Z-training with Coach Kelly.
The Fall Prevention Lady


No comments: