Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fall Prevention class: Is it LIVE or is it Memorex?

Modern technology has enabled us to capture just about anything live and play it back, now in high definition, in such amazing quality, it's almost like you're there.  But you're not.  
Too often, skilled nursing and/or assisted living facilities rely on the same 'ol seated exercise videos to meet the required "one hour" of daily activity.  Residents sometimes enjoy the videos but nothing beats a live person teaching a class.
This summer, I was unable to teach my Fall Prevention classes for the City of Sacramento for one month due to scheduling conflicts and a flu-like quarantine.  My participants were getting disgruntled with the same "sit and be fit" videos and I was missing our weekly interactions, not to mention the benefits of consistent stretching and strengthening movements for myself.
True, routine can become stale at times but live interaction with a person who is passionate about what she is doing is irreplaceable.  My Take 5 to Exercise DVD series offers 5 days of different routines where I coach the viewer through the Basic 5 Stretches as well as introduce a new set of exercises each day.
My passion and enthusiasm is evident in my smile and even though I'm not there live in person, I can be.  I am available for refresher courses, encouragement classes, or follow up training.   I love what I do, I love meeting new people and I want to see you succeed.
Remember, "with God, all things are possible".  Mark 10:27
visit www.take5toexercise.com to get started on your consistent Fall Prevention exercise program and who knows, I may be coming to a location close to you.  
Ask and it will be given to you.  
Praise God.
The Fall Prevention Lady

No comments: