Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Take 5 to Exercise is Therapeutic Aging

I have decided to return to California State University Sacramento and complete my master's degree.   CSUS offers a specialized master's program for academically blessed people like me in which you design your own degree. In 2006, I completed the Graduate Certificate of Gerontology program and now, I have applied to combine my study of aging with Therapeutic Recreation and call it Therapeutic Aging.
Therapeutic Recreation builds on my undergraduate Public Health foundation of health promotion and disease prevention.  TR also compliments my Gerontology studies in that it focuses on enhancing independent living skills while improving one's overall quality of life.    
     Hhhmmmm, sound familiar?  My "Take 5 to Exercise" Fall Prevention DVD series also promotes healthy lifestyle behaviors while preventing disability through consistent stretching and strengthening routines.....  :))))
I am excited about this because it is my aspiration to do a university study of my Take 5 to Exercise program within local assisted living facilities, or better yet, the Veteran's Administration, in order to prove the benefits of consistent stretching and strengthening routines in order to reduce the risk of falling!  
     The result: an evidence-based model of fall prevention through the specific application of consistent physical movement.  This is good.  My program is good.  I am focused.  Soon you will call me master!  Order your copy today before the price goes up!  www.take5toexercise.com

Praising his precious name...
The Fall Prevention Lady 

No comments: