Friday, December 12, 2008

Centenarians and Fall Prevention Exercise

Yes, yes, yes!!! I had my first centenarian in class this week! And he was a man!
I was late getting to class so when I got to the door, one of my newer students, Laura, said I had a surprise waiting for me. As I turned the corner, I saw that the room was full, there were new members, and 2 of the new faces were men!
Joe, 100 years old, (and obviously a MAN) came to class with his wife, Laura. Last week, she talked to me about his recent fall and I guess she decided to bring him with her! She's a real go-getter, a true survivor who is not afraid to push herself or her husband. And guess what? He did great. It was probably the first time in 100 years that he stretched his hamstrings but I have to say his form was perfect!
The other gentleman, Harold, was also with his wife, Marie. It was the first class for both of them and they did wonderfully. He stretched, struggled and smiled. I could see how good it felt for him to do the stretches. He was grinning as he checked his window and he was not afraid to challenge his balance.
Today was a fabulous day. The type of day that makes me smile from deep down within. To see the room filled with my regulars and the newcomers was such a wonderful feeling, I'm still smiling. The buzz around the facility is that my fall prevention exercises work, the seated exercise routines make you feel good and the instructor knows what she's doing.
Order my Take 5 to Exercise series today and find out what all the buzz is about.
Praising his precious name.
The Fall Prevention Lady

No comments: