Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Visual training kind of day...

As the Fall Prevention Lady, I promote multi-sensory training in order to reduce the risk of an accidental fall. The sensory systems involved in balance are the visual, vestibular and somatosensory systems. Each system contributes vital input about the body, the environment and one's balance. Thus, training each of these systems is necessary to reduce the risk of a fall.

I am teaching the multisensory balance and mobility training program, FallProof™, in the communities of Sacramento. Today I have three classes, all at different levels in the program, and it so happens that each class program focuses on Visual training! For me, it's a visual training kind of day. I am so thankful to be improving the quality of life for class participants, especially those who practice the program at home.

Take 5 to Exercise to prevent a fall.

No comments: