Sunday, April 15, 2012

Balance assessments at Senior Health and Wellness Fairs

Out and about in the community, I (The Fall Prevention Lady) have been busy educating about falls and doing balance screenings at senior health fairs. I love interacting with older adults about fall prevention. One lady at Eskaton's Senior Wellness Fair on Wednesday said that "talking with you was the best 5 minutes of my life".

I don't need to tell people how serious a fall can be but I do love increasing awareness of how to reduce the risk of an accidental fall. There are balance training techniques that can change your life instantly. Listen to what I'm saying...I tell you in an easy to understand language and demonstrate easy to do exercises. It's like the "EASY" button I have, "That was easy!!!"

I am getting ready to release a product that every person over the age of 65 should have in order to remain independent. In the meantime, I am getting ready to do some balance assessments, increase awareness of my fall prevention exercise classes and promoting my new product at the Fremont Presbyterian Church's senior health fair.

Praise the Lord. Have a blessed day.

No comments: