Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mobility 101: "We're walking so much better....."

Balance and mobility:  keeping yourself upright and walking. 
Improved balance and mobility:  enjoying your life without constant fear of falling.

I love teaching (FallProof™) balance and mobility classes in the community.  In my last 6-week training session at Parkside Community Church, I worked with a couple who are both 83 years old and who have been married over 60 years.  They love each other, their family, and their lives.  They took my class because he has a history of falls.  A friend strongly recommended my class to them.

After 12 sessions, his posture improved dramatically and they both improved in all three fitness tests related to fall risk.  Tonight I got a call from them and they wanted to thank me again for my class.  This type of telephone call just makes my day.  Mr. H went on to tell me that my class had changed their lives and that they both were walking so much better.

He was proud to report that they were still doing the exercises that I recommend and that they couldn't wait until the next training session when they'll be in town.  This couple gets it!  They took the tools I gave them and used them to improve their balance. 


It's like I told them on the first day of class, '...the best years of your life are still ahead of you.  Learn how to improve your balance and mobility today to prevent falls and remain independent tomorrow.'

He said he had tons of friends and they all need to take my class!  He also wanted to know if it was alright if he gave them my information. Alright?  Spread the word, my friend. 

My new book, "The Complete Guide to Fall Prevention" will cover everything you need to know to improve your balance and mobility today in order to remain independent tomorrow.....

The Fall Prevention Lady,
Kelly Ward


No comments: