Thursday, October 4, 2012

Basic 5 exercises for fall prevention

In my fall prevention exercise DVD series, Take 5 to Exercise, I emphasize the importance of daily movement.  This movement doesn't have to be strenuous but it should take some effort.  Heck, scratching your back takes effort so if you do it in proper form, you have just exercised!  When you scratch your back consistently, it becomes easier and after a few weeks of doing this, you might be able to reach places you never could before!

So I created my Basic 5 exercises with the hopes of getting people to do something each day!  These exercises are designed to increase blood flow and improve circulation.  This makes you feel good and they work when you do them!

Enter Jodie.  Jodie came to one of my Fall Prevention 101 workshops and she was in bad shape.  After 90 minutes of fall risk education and balance training demonstration, Jodie left with a prescription; The Fall Prevention Lady's Basic 5 exercises and Lower Body Strengthening routine.

Two weeks later Jodie came walking into my first day of balance training classes at Parkside Community Church and she looked like a NEW WOMAN!  I hardly recognized her and had to ask what she had done.  She replied, "The exercises you gave me to do".  This was music to my ears and joy to my soul~!  She practiced the Basic 5 exercises daily and did the 5 lower body strengthening exercises and she no longer uses her walker,  has color in her face and smiles ear to ear now.

What are the Basic 5 exercises?  Check out my You Tube channel here:  HERE.
Order my Take 5 to Exercise DVD.  Email me directly, info@thefallpreventionlady.com
Buy my book.  Visit this website:  Complete Guide to Fall Prevention.com

Basically 5 exercises to increase circulation and reduce fall risk.  It's up to you.

The Fall Prevention Lady.

No comments: