Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Stand up without help!

I'm teaching my final session of FallProof™ balance and mobility training classes at Parkside Community Church and I have an amazing group of women.  These ladies are working hard to improve their balance and reduce the risk of a fall.

We are in the third week of class and this is when people start recognizing the benefits of the progressively challenging program that I teach.  One very special woman is living with Pompe, a disease of the skeletal muscles and she is taking my class to maintain strength and improve her balance. 

She came to class yesterday and was beaming with excitement.  She shared that she and her husband spent a wonderful weekend at a nearby resort and she had a "breakthrough".  She said there was a circumstance when she normally wouldn't have been able to get up without the assistance of her husband but thanks to her training and doing her prescribed "homeplay", she got up without his help!

I want my readers to know that no matter what your situation is, it's never too late to improve!  Your body can and will adapt to new demands.  You can get stronger and by practicing chair stands everyday, you too can get up without help.

Stick with it.   The exercises I prescribe for homeplay are featured in my book, The Complete Guide to Fall Prevention.  Order your copy today and start a program to help you gain your independence.
The Fall Prevention Lady
PO Box 191655
Sacramento, CA  95819

No comments: