Thursday, March 14, 2019

My Neurologist and Physical Therapist Couldn't Help My Balance

Have you been to your neurologist for nerve pain and he ran every test and still couldn't help you?  Did your neurologist send you to a physical therapist who said, 'there's nothing we can do', leaving you with numb, tingling feet and a fear of falling?   If so, you're not alone.

Educate.  Demonstrate.  Facilitate. 
I just started two Brains and Balance Training classes at Sun River Church and I am blessed to work with some amazing people.  There are people from age 63-87 and every ability level you can imagine.  The two classes are small enough that I can offer (limited) individual attention to those who are struggling or have additional needs.

One lady came up to me after our fourth class (halfway through program) and told me I was an 'absolute lifesaver'.  She proceeded to tell me that she had been to several neurologists and physical therapist for the peripheral neuropathy in her feet and after running every test imaginable, they told her there was nothing they could do for her.

In four sessions, she's learned how to activate the receptors in her feet and is learning when and how to react if she's losing her balance.  She said, "I'm learning so much in this class and it's helping me so much....I can't tell you how happy I am".

That's my goal!  As an independent contractor, I strive to help people improve their balance and brain function. I teach them what's going on with their balance and then give them tools to improve instability and weakness.  It's up to each person to do the drills that work for them: no one's going to do it for you but you!

I'm not saying that my class cures peripheral neuropathy but it can help you live with the condition.  Can damaged nerves be regenerated?  With sufficient sensory stimulation, anything is possible.   Nerves need to move and nerves need stimulation.   Lots of sensory stimulation.

If you have peripheral neuropathy or can't feel your feet as well as you used to, you're a perfect candidate for my 4-week Brains and Balance Training Classes.   Learn how to control your body.  Re-introduce your brain to numb body parts because if you can't feel it, your brain can't move it!

Brains and Balance Class with Coach Kelly.  4-weeks.  8 sessions.  Greatest retirement investment for your money, your body and your brain.




No comments: