Thursday, May 28, 2020

Nervous System Rule #1 for Better Balance

The nervous system is a complex function that processes over 64 quintillion bits of information each day.  Although every brain is different, there are several unspoken rules that apply to everyone.  In my new book, "ABCs of Balance: Aging, Brains and Coordination", I explain how to age successfully from the brain's perspective.  I've included three unspoken nervous system rules.

Nervous System Rule #1 for better balance
Nervous system rule #1: "Neurons that wire together fire together".  What this means is that you can improve balance by doing drills that activate neurons near the balance nerve.  

Do you know where the brain's balance nerve is located?  It's in the brainstem and it's connected to the brain's equilibrium system.  As mature adults responsible for your well-being, this is important stuff to know!!!

The entire nervous system runs on the use it or lose it principle including balance.  To maintain upright against gravity,  a person must activate cranial nerve #8 and the nerves next to it.

In my new book, "ABCs of Balance: Aging, Brains and Coordination", I explain how the brain works and what the nervous system needs for better balance.  I explain  things in an easy to understand manner and give sample exercises for the reader to try at home.

If you've tried everything and your balance is getting worse, it's time to do something else.   I offer a brain-based approach to the prevention of falls because everything we do begins in the brain. Everything.

My book explains all of this.  If you're like to sign up for the first release of my book, complete the form below.

Yes, I want to read your book, ABCs of Balance!

* indicates required

No comments: