Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Basic 5" Fall Risk Reduction Exercises....

Take 5 to Exercise is a new approach to senior exercise videos because viewers are coached through fall risk reduction exercises as if they were having a session with their own Personal Fitness trainer.  
Although each DVD focuses on a different component of an effective fall risk reduction exercise program, there are 5 exercises repeated throughout the series and I call them my "Basic 5 Stretches".  The basic 5 stretches are:
1.  Take 5 Hand Squeeze
2.  3 Circles:  Wrist, Arm, Ankle
3.  Leg Extension
4.  Hamstring stretch
5.  Kegal Squeeze
I encourage all viewers to incorporate these 5 movements into a daily routine and to do these movements 
while in proper seated position and always use good form.
I provide verbal cueing to remind the viewer to focus on specific body parts which is important when establishing a solid mind-to-muscle connection.   I explain how certain movements relate to total body wellness and why doing the activity will reduce the risk of a fall.  I also remind viewers to breathe deeply, especially when exerting effort.
Make sure to order my Take 5 to Exercise fall risk reduction exercise series and discover why each movement is 
basic to your total body health.

The Fall Prevention Lady


No comments: