Thursday, October 23, 2008

SEATED EXERCISE ROUTINES AND FALL PREVENTION????

A lot of people ask me how I can teach a fall prevention class while seated or how a Senior Exercise Videos can be helpful in reducing fall risk. "Isn't fall prevention about balance?" Don't you have to stand on a BOSU ball, use foam rolls, balance boards and all that other fancy equipment seen in the gym?
NO, NO, NO. In fact, a mentor of mine, Rodney Corn formerly with the National Academy of Sports Medicine now a Fall Prevention expert, once said it was time to get back to the basics. Time to learn how to move properly. Time to teach the body the correct movement patterns. Time to reduce compensation and improve efficiency. That's why I say it's time to Take 5 to Exercise!
For my older audience members, seated exercise routines are the perfect medium because viewer safety is my primary concern. Years of inactivity have made it difficult to concentrate on moving properly, not to mention maintain one's balance. Thus, I start with the basics while seated in your chair.
My Take 5 to Exercise fall prevention exercise dvd series reviews basic movement patterns needed in everyday life. Let's master the basics before progressing to more advanced movements, afterall, you need to crawl before you can walk!
Check out my new approach to seated exercise by visiting my website and ordering your own copy to do while seated in the privacy of your own home! www.take5toexercise.com

Basically,
The Fall Prevention Lady

No comments: