Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fall Prevention=Fall Risk Reduction

I learned a very important legality at the CAHF annual convention:
   Fall prevention is not the best description for my program since falls are accidents and accidents happen.  I cannot guarantee that you will never fall if you follow my program but I can guarantee that you will greatly reduce the risk of a fall if you consistently engage in my seated exercise routines.
I had an administrator ask me if I could guarantee he would see fewer falls at his establishments and if his residents would be safer by following my Take 5 to Exercise program. He asked and I confidently stated, "Yes,  your residents will get stronger and experience fewer falls once my program is started and practiced regularly".  
  Granted, the instructor needs to know about proper form and how to execute the exercises correctly, but once I "train-the-trainers" so they feel confident following along with my seated DVD series, the benefits will happen.  Flexibility will improve, strength will increase, confidence will soar and reaction times will quicken.  Medical research proves it, my program applies it.
  Flexibility, strength, posture, endurance, maintenance, and yes, balance are components of an effective fall risk reduction program and they are all addressed in my seated Take 5 to Exercise series.    Give prevention a try.  
 Don't wait until there is a disaster, practice preventative behaviors now and save yourself the money and long-term consequences.

The newly named,
Fall Risk Reduction Lady

No comments: