Monday, March 4, 2013

Stepping On fall prevention program @ Jewish Family & Children's Service in Long Beach

I will be facilitating my second Stepping On fall prevention program at the Jewish Family & Children's Service center in Long Beach, CA.  Non-profit home modification company, Hearts of Ida is sponsoring my leadership in this seven-week program and it begins Thursday March 7th.

Stepping On is an evidence-based fall prevention program developed by Dr. Lindy Clemson of Australia but was adapted by the Wisconsin Institute of Health Aging (WIHA).  The
California Department of Public Health sponsored my Master Leader training in Wisconsin last summer and luckily, Hearts of Ida appreciated the value in this program and sponsored my two programs in southern California.

I am being trained to be a "Master Trainer" in the Stepping On program on Monday.  Upon successful completion of the training and competencies, I will be certified to teach other trainers to facilitate the amazing seven-week program that collaborates with local experts including a physical therapist, pharmacist, low vision and community safety expert.

This is a great program and I am honored to be integral in bringing this fall prevention decision making and confidence building program to California. 

No comments: