Sunday, June 3, 2018

Goals #1 and #2 as certified Brain Exercise Therapist

As a health and fitness professional who studies the neuroplasticity of the brain and the enormous physical and mental benefits of brain activation, I have goals.  I want to make sure people understand the power of brain training and why they need to get started.

Kelly Ward, Brain Exercise Therapist 
I am an avid follower and studying practitioner of Dr. Eric Cobb's Z-Health Performance brain-based Solutions training and my number one goal is to "Re-educate those neural systems rendered dysfunctional from injury and disuse".   Dr. Cobb

Re-education of neural systems occurs via regular drills. Through comprehensive motor and sensory testing, I gather a picture of the brain's function and identify what needs more (or less) activation for optimal performance.

Once identified, I have my client do high pay-off drills frequently enough to make permanent changes.  It takes time to 're-educate the nervous system.  This requires behavior rehabilitation because a client has to do the exercises frequently and consistently to reap benefits on a permanent basis.

My second goal is to help you understand that big things come from little things.  I can guarantee that the drills you will do with me are new and unlike anything you have done with other trainers or health care professionals.  I do lots of 'sensory testing' and while these may not be huge "ah-ah"moments for you, I am gathering valuable data.

You don't have to have a background in neuroscience or know anything about the brain to work with me.  You'll probably hear me mumble things like 'right PMRF' or 'left saccule' or 'right side cranial nerve 7' but never mind me; I'm just gathering data.   The more sensory input, the greater the brain activation.  These little activations can have a huge impact on how you move.

As a certified Brain Exercise Therapist, I provide optimal sensory input to activate areas of the brain with decreased function.  These little drills add up.  When the brain feels 'safe' the pay-off is remarkable.  And pain-free.

Brain training. It's the future of fitness.  What have you got to lose?  Pain?  Poor posture?  Horrible balance?  Fading vision?  Yep, you can lose those things.

Let's re-educate your neural systems that have been injured or not used.  Subtle, small things can make a huge difference to your brain.  Let's get started!


No comments: