Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Myth: I have vertigo so my balance won't ever get better

Vertigo is an inner ear disorder that is characterized by bouts of paralyzing dizziness, nausea, fatigue and of course, the anxiety and depression due to these unpredictability of life altering episodes.   Some vertigo is situational and disappears while other types of vertigo can last a lifetime.  Needless to say falls are a major concern for people who suffer from vertigo due to inner ear dysfunction.

Train Vestibular Input for Better Output with Coach Kelly
There are other types of inner ear disorders that have the same impact; dizziness, the loss of daily functional ability and falls.  My aunt Betty was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease had to quit line dancing; her favorite activity for forty years.

Although she was able to manage some of the symptoms with medication, her inner ear disorder affected all other areas of her life which negatively impacted her quality of life.

While inner ear disorders can be life altering, there are ways to train the vestibular system for better balance and reduction of the  many symptoms that accompany inner ear dysfunction.

Unfortunately when someone experiences dizziness or loss of balance due to head movement, they subconsciously begin to change body position and behavior to restrict head movement.  Smart brain, huh?  Two classic representations of a person living with inner ear disorder are: 1) Bobblehead or 2) Stiff walking.

Bobble head means the head moves all over the place when walking.   This is done subconsciously because one of the brain's reflexive pathways isn't working.  The other extreme is the stiff walker.  This is also done subconscious to prevent any natural movement of the head that occurs when walking because another reflexive pathway isn't working correctly.  

Here's the best news:  you can retrain your vestibular system and begin to regain control of your life.  I train the vision, vestibular, and proprioceptive systems for better sensory input and less sensory mismatch.  The result is your brain feels "safe" and can better predict what's going on now and what to expect.

Your frontal lobe or human self can tell yourself exactly what's going on but the part of the brain responsible for movement and vestibular integration doesn't communicate like that; it needs consistent, strong inputs for better movement or as I like to say, "all cylinders firing".

Now that I'm a Z-Health neuro-performance coach and balance expert who specializes in vision, vestibular and proprioceptive inputs to the brain, I wish I could have helped my Aunt Betty manage her meniere's disease for better daily function and maybe even get back on the dance floor.  I couldn't help but I'm here to help you.  

Can I cure you?  No.  That's up to you.  I give you the tools and you do the work.
 
I make NO PROMISES OR GUARANTEES but I can offer new brain-based training methods that have been shown to work.  If you've tried everything and nothing has worked, it's time to try something else.  I offer neuro-scientifically proven, holistic neural training to optimize daily performance.

Training Packages available   Skype/Facebook Live sessions.
Please contact me for more information:  info@thefallpreventionlady.com






No comments: