Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Trigeminal Nerve Glide for the SAVE!

Today I was out in the field and my last in-home session was with Bob.   When I got there, Bob was on the phone and Bob was bothered about something.  His lovely wife walked me to the porch where we chatted while I setup for our session.

Five minutes later Bob came out swinging.  His jaw hurt, his head hurt, he had these pains and he didn't know if he could do anything.  He didn't do his homework, he didn't do anything.  He said he'd give this one more try.  He believed in what we were doing and was going to give this one more try.  He was upset.
Trigeminal Nerve for the SAVE!!!!


His right jaw was on fire and the pain spread down his neck.  He couldn't stand it.  The pain was constant.  Not shooting, constant.  The area he pointed to is innervated by Cranial Nerve five; the trigeminal nerve; his chewing muscles, behind the ear, upper neck and throat area.  All right side.

As he left the room to get his red glasses and Z-vibe, I prayed for an answer; a clear path based on the neuropractitioner skills of Z-Health Performance Systems Education.  Upon return, in addition to the noxious jaw pain, he complained about swelling in the lymph node area.  I decided to start with right lymphatic duct drainage after some eye drills.

Bob did some fantastic respiration drills to mobilize the lymphatic drainage process.  After a minute or so, I palpated the neck area and started cranial soft tissue mobilization drills.  Pressure checking revealed tight right side temporal, saggital and lambdoid suture areas.   After Bob did the tilting, nodding and gliding drills, his pain level dropped significantly.  He immediately noted greater mobility and ease of movement in the pained areas.

I sat down and asked about the pain level.  It was still there but only when he turned his head a certain way. He had to search for it but he could find it.  Barely.  That's when it hit me...THE TRIGEMINAL NERVE!!!    He needs to do the trigeminal nerve glide!

After following step by step instructions, a smile came over Bob's face.  The pain was gone. "So all I need to do when I start having jaw pain is this nerve glide?" he asked bewilderedly.

Yep.  I video taped him doing the drill and sent it to him at his new email address on his new iPad.
Despite his skeptical attitude,  Bob gets it!  This neuro-stuff is working.   And he's happy!

No comments: