Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fall prevention and balance training at Davis Senior Center

As the Fall Prevention Lady, I love giving presentations to groups of older adults because my workshop offers a fresh perspective on the prevention of falls.  I have been studying falls among the the aging population and balance training exercises since 2006.   In that time,  I have read the best of the best fall prevention research and attended some of the best personal fitness training workshops in the country.

As a result, my approach to fall prevention has evolved over the years.  I no longer baffle people with my brilliance but offer an educational presentation that is easy to understand and apply to personal situations.   Aging is unique to each of us and we all have experienced different situations and live with different challenges. 

Today I met with the director of the Davis Senior Center in Davis, California about offering a workshop and balance training there in the fall.  (No pun intended).  The Davis Senior Center is an active hub in the small town and the older adult population is educated and active.  I have had several class participants travel from Davis to Sacramento to attend my fall prevention 101 workshops and balance training classes so it would it would be great to introduce myself and my classes to the seniors in the city of Davis.

Planting seeds, networking, spreading the word about the prevention of falls,
The Fall Prevention Lady

No comments: