Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Fall Prevention Lady at Atria El Camino Gardens

Tomorrow, Thursday July 26th at 1 pm, I will be offering my Fall Prevention 101 workshop at Atria El Camino Gardens in Carmichael, California.  I used to teach seated senior fitness classes at Atria El Camino Gardens and I am excited about returning to introduce my new and improved approach to fall risk reduction and balance training.

Atria El Camino Gardens is one of the top assisted living facilities in the area and they are an agency that firmly believes in the power of prevention to keep their residents strong and able.  Engage Life Directory, Staci Weisz provides continuing education workshops to her residents and she loved the idea of offering my Fall Prevention 101 workshop to residents and to the general public.

This workshop not only educates about things that increase the risk of a fall but is also an introduction to the balance and mobility training classes I teach and what participants can expect to do.  The program is progressively challenging and trains both the muscles and senses involved in balance.  FallProof™ is a nationally recognized program and works when a person works it!

Again, the Fall Prevention 101 workshop at Atria El Camino Gardens is free and open to the public! Date:  Thursday July 26 at 1 PM.  I am tentatively scheduled to begin a balance training session on Wed August 8th.  Those one-hour classes will meet twice a week (Wednesdays at 1pm and Saturdays at 10:30am) for four weeks, August 8-September 1, 2012.

My book, The Complete Guide to Fall Prevention, will be on sale to those in attendance.

Educate.  Demonstrate. Facilitate.



No comments: