Thursday, May 3, 2018

Brains and Balance materials are COPYRIGHTED

I have invested my entire professional life to learning how to improve balance in older adults.  Thousands of dollars, hundreds of hours and years of sacrifice to have the knowledge I have and the ability to change people's lives.  It's what health and fitness professionals do.

I would like people to know that I am an independent contractor; I do not get a paycheck from an employer for the hours I study, create and develop materials for my classes and presentations.  I do not work for a non-profit; I invest my own money in my professional development to excel my services.

Nothing bothers me more than lazy fitness instructors and personal trainers who ask class attendees for the my homework drills used in my classes.  The materials are given to people who paid for and attend the class.  All material in my Brains and Balance class is copyrighted and use without my consent is against the law.  

Not only are these lazy instructors and trainers breaking the law but also teaching beyond their realm of expertise.  They can cause severe vision and vestibular damage because they have not been trained in proper technique, what the drills do and what to look for.  For instance, if your eyes are moving when you do a pencil push-up, you have a mid-brain dysfunction that needs to be addressed NOW.

IF you're teaching your instructor a drill, they are not qualified and can cause more damage than good.  I am not responsible for the damage this person causes you.

To the people who get paid from an employer for teaching classes, invest in your education to become a better instructor, take a train-the-trainer course, don't steal.



No comments: