Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Stroke Survivor Support Group Guest Speaker

As a public speaker and health educator,  I've been active in Sacramento and Yolo county communities presenting my dynamic ABCs of Balance workshop and promoting two upcoming Brains and Balance classes; one at the Woodland Community and Senior Center and the other at the Fair Oaks United Methodist Church.

Stroke Survivor Support Group Presentation with Coach Kelly
I love educating people about the power of neuroplasticity and empowering individuals to take action if they want to change their circumstances.  As a Z-Health Neuro-Performance Coach and Brain Exercise Therapist, I am trained to activate areas of the brain that directly impact balance, movement, posture and pain levels.

Last week I finally met Tom Hoag; registered nurse and Stroke Survivor Support Group facilitator for Dignity Health's Neurological Institute.  I say finally because a student of recent Brains and Balance class also attends the Stroke Survivor Support Group in Woodland.  This student is one of the most improved and brain exercise has changed his life so much that he wanted me to speak at an upcoming support group meeting.

The stars aligned and I met Tom at the Woodland Senior Resource Fair.  After laughter and discussion, it's confirmed; I will be the guest speaker at Tom's two stroke survivor support group meetings in June:

  1. Mercy San Juan Carmichael:  Wednesday June 13th. 11-Noon.  6501 Coyle Avenue  Carmichael.
  2. Woodland Community & Senior Center:  Monday, June 18th.  1-2pm.  2001 East Street  Woodland.
These support groups are open to the public and free of charge.  If you have had a stroke and want to learn how to improve your current functionality, please join us.


I have been working with four stroke survivors on a private training basis and the results are amazing!  They have regained sight, movement, balance and feeling where they thought was impossible.  Precise training gets precise results.

I am so excited about meeting and educating these stroke survivor support groups about the regenerative power of the brain and that with precise training, they can get precise results.

I hope to see you in June.

No comments: